To: All BCGEU Members at EF International Language Schools
It's time to vote! A tentative collective agreement has been negotiated with your Employer, and this is your chance to review all that has been agreed to at the negotiating table, and vote on whether or not you accept the terms and conditions of this tentative agreement!
Your Bargaining Committee is unanimously recommending you vote yes to accept!!
Highlights of the agreement include:
- New wage grid that puts an end to a 3-tier pay system and now pays a blended, singular hourly rate for all work. This means an increase to the old "admin rate" of between 40% - 78% for every teacher. Overall, the move onto the new wage grid, on ratification, means an average increase for every member of 6%.
- Annual wage increase at a percentage equal to the official Canadian Inflation Rate for the previous calendar year + 0.5%, effective October 1st, 2018 and applied October 1st of each following year
- Lump Sum Signing Bonus of 1% of salary retroactive pay for 2016 & 2017
- Five year agreement, expires September 30, 2022
- Sick Leave Plan at 4 days a year that can be cashed in if not used each year.
- Local Issues We resolved or made important changes to a number of non-monetary items, including: scheduling, Joint Union/Management Committee, Union Leave, teaching credentials, vacation black-out periods, etc.
RATIFICATION VOTE PROCESS
Date: Monday, October 30th, 2017
Time: 4:00 to 5:00 pm
Place: EFILS break room, 750 Cambie Street, Vancouver
Voting will continue and ballots will be available next week from a member of your Bargaining Committee. If you are unable to attend the membership meeting, please contact either Richard or Issar to receive a ballot.
All ballots must be received by 5:00 on Friday, November 3rd, 2017 at BCGEU headquarters at 4911 Canada Way, Burnaby. The results will be announce shortly thereafter.
We hope to see all of you at the ratification meeting.
Linsay Buss, Staff Representative
Do you like this post?