CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR BARGAINING COMMITTEE
Nominations are now open for the following positions:
Chairperson of the Bargaining Committee, one position
- Any BCGEU member can be nominated from any department. If more than one candidate is nominated, there will be a ballot and the entire membership will vote for one candidate. The candidate with the most votes will be elected.
Bargaining Committee member, five positions – one from each department:
- Dealers, Dealer Supervisors and Boxmen – one position
- Slots and Slot Supervisors – one position
- Cashiers and Counters – one position
- Guest Service Representatives – one position
- Housekeeping and Housekeeping Supervisors – one position
- Only a BCGEU member in a department can nominate another member in the same department. If more than one candidate in a department is nominated, there will be an election in that department. Only members working in that department can vote for their representative on the Bargaining Committee. The candidate with the most votes will be elected.
Yes, you can be nominated for both elections. The election for Chairperson will be conducted first. If you are elected Chairperson, your nomination for committee member would be unnecessary and withdrawn. If you’re nominated for Chairperson and you want the option to run for your department if you don’t win the Chairperson election, you will have to be nominated from your department before the close of nominations on February 26th.
In order to be nominated, a member and nominator must complete the attached nomination form and that form must be returned by: 5:00 pm on Friday, February 26th, 2016.
Each candidate who is nominated, may complete, and send back with their nomination form, a campaign bulletin or biography of 250 words or less which the Union will distribute to the membership. Any other campaign material used by any candidate is their responsibility. Please note that the biography must accompany the nomination form and the nomination forms must be signed. Please read and follow the instructions carefully.
Please fax or email your completed nomination forms to:
- Facsimile: 604-294-5092;
- Email: Linsay.Buss@bcgeu.ca
Alternatively, the form can also be mailed back using the return envelope provided.
Thank you for your participation in this important process. Details of the election procedure will be distributed after the nomination period closes on February 26th. Should you have any questions about the process, please contact me directly at Linsay.firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-291-9611.
Staff Representative - Negotiations
Do you like this post?