NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE POSITIONS OF:
Bargaining Committee Chairperson (1) and (2) Bargaining Committee Members plus (1) Alternate to the Committee
Your collective agreement expires on March 31, 2017 and the Union is beginning preparations to conduct negotiations for a renewal agreement on your behalf. Therefore, a new bargaining committee must be elected to represent all BCGEU members of The Royale Pacifica Resort Retirement Living. The Chairperson must be elected by membership vote and the remaining seats on the committee will be elected once that has happened.
Please note that if you wish to run for the Chairperson, and also to run as a committee member if unsuccessful you will need to submit a nomination form for both positions. You only need to submit one nomination form per position sought.
- Attend caucus meetings and assist in the development of proposals for collective bargaining
- Assist in gathering and distributing information from and to members at the worksite
- Attend collective bargaining sessions with the Employer
- Take notes related to the bargaining process and provide copies of same to the Staff Representative at the conclusion of bargaining
- Provide feedback and information to the Staff Representative during the bargaining process
- Participate in discussions related to the Employer’s proposals, assist in developing counter proposals
- Assist with ratification or other votes or meetings that may be held related to bargaining
Leave of absence is provided to members to allow attendance at all meetings without loss of pay or benefits.
In the event there are more nominations received than positions available a vote will be held.
Please complete the attached nomination form(s) below & return it by fax to: Deb Wilson at (Toll Free) 1.800.946.0244
The deadline for receipt of nominations is 5:00 p.m. Friday, January 6, 2017 (only one completed nomination form is required for each member nominated)
Deb Wilson - Staff Representative, Negotiations
Do you like this post?