Your collective agreement expires March 2016. A bargaining committee is required to negotiate a new collective agreement. Nominations are now open for three positions on the Bargaining Committee.
- Bargaining Committee Chairperson;
- Two bargaining committee positions
The Bargaining Committee Chairperson represents all members at Royale Peninsula, participates in bargaining and is the liaison between the union negotiator and the bargaining committee on issues leading up to negotiations. The Chairperson speaks on behalf of the union caucus and assists the negotiator with disputes and large issues.
Bargaining committee members represent the interests of bargaining unit members. A bargaining committee member's duties include: attending face to face meetings with the union bargaining committee and the Employer; communication with bargaining unit members regarding collective bargaining and other bargaining related issues; performing research; participating in conference calls; attending meetings of the bargaining unit regarding collective bargaining; acting as deputy returning officer votes; and other duties as they relate to the collective bargaining process.
Please complete the attached nomination form to indicate your willingness to be elected for Bargaining Committee Chairperson or to a position on the bargaining committee.
The Bargaining Committee Chairperson will be confirmed prior to the bargaining committee members.
Therefore if you wish to run for Bargaining Committee Chairperson and are not successful, you must also be nominated for a bargaining committee position.
Completed nominations forms should be sent to the Union as follows:
- Nominations must be sent on the attached form;
- Only one form per nominee is required;
- Nomination forms and biographies should be forwarded to the Fraser Valley Area Office, Attention: Lynette Patton, fax at 604-882-5032, by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nomination forms must be received by 5:00 pm, Friday March 25, 2016.
Do you like this post?