I was recently elected to the board of SafeCare BC. In this role, I will continue to advocate for our members to make the continuing care sector a safer, healthier place to work.
I would like to tell you about SafeCare BC's new campaign: Be Care Aware: Who's Taking Care of You? campaign, which raises awareness that mental health has a huge impact on care providers. Continuing care workers need to take care of themselves, so they can take care of others! As you may know, SafeCare BC's mandate is to improve health and safety within the work place and to advance injury prevention.
- High stress levels are associated with increased health care and disability costs, absenteeism, turnover, and reduced productivity.
- Workplaces that have positive work environments have better organizational performance, in terms of health and safety, and outcomes for residents and clients.
- Healthy organizational cultures nurture employee well-being, engagement and performance.
How can you get involved?
- Participate in a free, 45-minute mental health tele-forum on Wednesday, November 1, from 10:30am to 11:15am. It's easy to REGISTER here.
- Circulate the Who's Taking Care of You? Poster. Download here
- Visit the SafeCareBC website www.safecarebc.ca and click on the BE CARE AWARE banner, for resources and videos.
Win some great self-care prizes!
- Complete the Who's Taking Care of You? sign, so that you can share your self-care strategies in words, or a 30-second cell phone video. Submissions can be made to email@example.com
Every submission will be eligible to win one of three great prizes
- Fitbit ($160 value)
- Spa package ($150 value)
- Family movie night package ($50 value)
Each winner will also receive a free spot at a SafeCare BC training session.
Carla Dempsey, BCGEU Vice President, Community Health Services
Do you like this post?