As we received more nomination forms than positions available, an election will be held to elect 2 new additional stewards to represent BCGEU members at Salvation Army Harbour Light. Steward vacancies exist because we had two stewards recently resign. Here are your nominees:
- Ken Yu
- Christina Petrina
- Mohammad Bashir
- Pamela Walker
We will be conducting the election for bargaining committee members by ballot box at your workplace. To vote, please follow these instructions:
- Ask either Monty Qureshi or Billy Smith, two of your current stewards, for a ballot package or pick one up at the Union office (2920 Virtual Way, Vancouver);
- Select 2 stewards on your ballot (if you only select one steward, your ballot will not be considered);
- Put you ballot in the small brown envelope;
- Put small brown envelope into the declaratory envelope and seal it;
- Fill out information required on the envelope front and sign; and
- Put envelope containing brown envelope and ballot into ballot box at your work place (locked ballot box will be kept in the Front Desk at your worksite during the election period) or return to the BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office no later than 5pm on Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
You will be voting for 2 stewards. You must mark two boxes or your ballot will be considered spoiled. The candidates with the two highest number of votes will be the new stewards at your workplace.
If you have any questions, please contact me at (604) 215-1499 or by email at email@example.com.
Download PDF of notice here
Do you like this post?