STAFF REPRESENTATIVE (Temporary)
September 11, 2019
The B.C. Government and Service Employees' Union requires a temporary staff representative to conduct research, in the Negotiations Department for up to 12 months, or to return of incumbent. The effective date is to be determined.
This staff representative will:
- analyze employer financial statements as required;
- assist negotiators (in both the area offices and the negotiations department) with costing of proposals;
- track and report on settlements in the private and public sector;
- prepare and maintain corporate profiles of our employers including changes in ownership, management teams, share price, corporate strategy;
- prepare and maintain sectoral/industrial profiles;
- analyze organizational and funding changes for public sector employers;
- other labour market research as required.
- post-secondary degree in economics or a related field;
- strong analytical skills;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- demonstrated ability to produce corporate research and other reports.
Experience in a union or social justice organization is an asset as is an understanding of the goals and values of the labour movement.
The BCGEU supports employment equity. Workers of colour, women, aboriginal workers, LGBTQ+ workers and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions with the BCGEU.
Travel is required, therefore, applicants must hold a valid B.C. Drivers Licence.
Resumes will be accepted by e-mail to: email@example.com
Attention to: Stephanie Smith, President, c/o Lisa Trolland
Do you like this post?