To: All 1704 BCGEU Members at Vancity – Branch 70 Morgan Crossing
15795 Croydon Drive, Surrey
Re: Steward Nomination (1 position)
Nominations are now open for 1 position for a steward at your worksite, and will close January 4, 2017.
The steward is the face of the union at your worksite.
Some of the roles of the steward are:
- To enforce the collective agreement and protect your rights
- Act as liaison between the worksite, the local and the area offices
- Sign up new members to the union at the worksite
- Help you interpret and understand their collective agreement rights
- Communicate about local and union issues and educational opportunities
- Ensures the union bulletin board is current
- Refers members to committees on specific issues, such as labour management and occupational health and safety
- Advises or refers you to the appropriate people who can deal with WCB appeals, STIIP/LTD issues, unemployment insurance issues and classification appeals
Training will be provided by the union.
A nomination form is attached. Once completed, please return to the BCGEU Fraser Valley Area Office no later than 5:00 pm, January 4, 2017 to the attention of Marceline Lamarche, Staff Representative, by faxing to 604.882.5032. Alternatively, the nomination form can also be returned by email to: email@example.com.
Should there be more nominations than positions available; the Union will facilitate an election.
Do you like this post?