We are pleased to advise that after three and a half days of talks, we have reached a tentative agreement for members employed at Alexander Mackie Lodge in Langford which includes the following:
- First year wage increases range from 9% to 34%; 2% in each of the following two years.
- A match RRSP with a 2-5% contribution rate, contribution rate is based on years of service.
- Sick leave entitlement for full-time employees increases from 4 days to 8 days.
- One free meal for each employee each workday.
- Extensive language changes, including improvements to Union rights, representation, and grievance procedure.
The bargaining committee overwhelmingly endorses this tentative agreement and we hope to hold a worksite ratification meeting sometime early next week. Details will be shared as soon as they become available.
Please share this email with your co-workers. Members are also encouraged to keep their email information up to date. To provide updated contact information, please visit the member portal at my.bcgeu.ca.
Download PDF of notice here
Do you like this post?