Your bargaining committee met with the Employer on October 23 and 24 of this week and reached a tentative agreement.
- Two-year deal, ending March 31, 2021
- 2% General Wage Increase retroactive to April 1, 2019
- 2% General Wage Increase effective April 1, 2020
- Any other monetary gains that were achieved at the Community Health bargaining table funded by Vancouver Coastal Health
- Increase pay in lieu for casual employees to 10.2%
- Daytime staffing – three additional hours at straight time for working when short-staffed during the day
- Signing bonus: $100 for regular employees and $75 for casual employees
Full details will be provided at the ratification meetings.
We know that the program closure is top of mind for members and we have a clear strategy on how to approach this. We will provide more information in our ratification meetings.
Your bargaining committee recommends that you vote yes to accept the terms of the tentative agreement.
Ratification meetings are scheduled forThursday, November 14, 2019in the Learning Centre at Harbour Light.
7 am to 9 am
4 pm to 6 pm
We know that training is happening that day, and hope to see the majority of you at one of the scheduled meetings.
Thank you again for your continued support.
Reminder: BCGEU members are getting a new Member ID card this Fall; make sure your mailing address is up to date! Go to www.bcgeu.ca/card-questions for details.
Your Bargaining Committee:
Selena Kongpreecha, Staff Representative – Negotiations
Download PDF of notice here
Do you like this post?