The parties started bargaining on Monday, December 11 and we are pleased to advise that we have reached a tentative agreement.
We agreed to a four-year term, starting January 1, 2018 and ending December 31, 2021.
· Renewed gainsharing
· Renewed $300 in a health spending account in each year
· Increase to meal allowances - $16.50 for lunch and $25.00 for dinner
· Increase to vehicle allowance to $0.55
· Signing bonus of $500 for all regular employees employed at date of ratification
· 1.5% general wage increase, effective January 7, 2018
· 1.5% general wage increase, effective January 6, 2019
· 2% general wage increase, effective January 5, 2010
· 2.5% general wage increase, effective January 3, 2021
Details of the tentative agreement will follow.
A steward or contact at each worksite will have ballots for members to complete and will be responsible for sending the ballots to the BCGEU Negotiations Department in Burnaby. Ballots and instructions will be sent to each steward or worksite contact next week.
Ratification meeting by conference call will be on Wednesday January 10, 2017 at 10 am PST. Conference call number is 1-866-562-0090 ID# 24805.
Deadline to vote is Wednesday, January 17, 2018.
Your bargaining committee recommends that you vote yes to accept the terms of the tentative agreement.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a bargaining committee member.
Your Bargaining Committee:
Tony Andrychuk, Chair
David Ek, Bargaining Committee Member
Aaron Wolff, Bargaining Committee Member
Selena Kongpreecha, Staff Representative - Negotiations
Do you like this post?