The parties met at the BC Labour Relations Board again today, and we have a tentative agreement to present to you to vote on.
Ratification meetings are scheduled for this Friday, October 13, 2017. Voting will start on this date and members can vote from Friday to Tuesday, October 17, 2017.
Voting Schedule – Friday, October 13 to Tuesday, October 17
Friday, October 13, 2017 at The Anchor of Hope
Meetings 7 am to 7:45 am
8 am to 8:45 am
3 pm to 3:45 pm
4 pm to 4:45 pm
Meetings are scheduled for members to ask questions about the details of the tentative agreement. Members can vote at any time between 7 am to 5 pm on this date.
Members can also vote:
Saturday, October 14 – 8 am to 4 pm at The Beacon
Sunday, October 15 – 8 am to 4 pm at The Beacon
Monday, October 16 – 8 am to 4 pm at The Anchor
Tuesday, October 17 – 8 am to 4 pm at The Anchor
Details of the Tentative agreement:
- All non-monetary items tentatively agreed to on June 8, 2017. (No change.)
- Three-year term – April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2019
- Increase to annual vacation of 5 days for people starting in their ninth year, which equals to 2%.
|First||10 days (or prorated)|
|Second to Eighth Eleventh||15 days|
|Ninth to Sixteenth Twelfth to Twenty-four||20 days|
|Seventeenth to Twenty-four Twenty Fifth year and thereafter||25 days|
|Twenty-Fifth year and thereafter||30 days|
- 2% general wage increase, retroactive to April 1, 2016 – on the wage grid
- 1.5% general wage increase, retroactive to April 1, 2017 – on the wage grid
- 1.5% general wage increase, effective 1.5% on April 1, 2018 – on the wage grid
- Retroactive pay to be paid on November 10, 2017 by a separate cheque.
The Bargaining Committee encourages everyone to vote, and recommends that you vote yes to accept the tentative agreement.
Your Bargaining Committee:
Selena Kongpreecha, Staff Representative – Negotiations
Do you like this post?