"Incident Investigations" will be held on Wednesday, March 2 and "Ergonomics" will be held on Thursday, March 3. The Incident Investigations course will be held at the BCGEU area office, 2994 Douglas St., Victoria and the Ergonomics course will be held at Harbour Towers, 345 Quebec St, Victoria.
In the Incident Investigations course you will learn:
- The legislative requirements for conducting accident/incident investigations
- How to get to the contributing factors by conducting effective witness interviews and examining physical evidence
- How to assess the evidence in order to recommend effective corrective measures
In the Ergonomics course you will learn:
- Requirements of the ergonomics regulation
- How to identify ergonomic hazards, to assess the risk factors of tasks and to recommend appropriate solutions
- Strategies for implementing an effective workplace ergonomics program
- How to conduct a workstation assessment
These courses are limited to 22 seats so register early at https://gww.gov.bc.ca/ to avoid disappointment.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to improve your ability to advocate for workers' health and safety rights - register today.
Note: If you have not taken your annual education leave, as mandated by the Workers' Compensation Act and your Collective Agreement - apply for this employer paid leave through your employer.
Do you like this post?