Nominations are now open for 1 position for a steward at your worksite and, will close February 18, 2016.
Stewards are the primary representatives of members and have an important role within the Union.
Some of the roles of a steward are:
- Helping co-workers interpret and understand their collective agreement.
- Supporting co-workers in meetings with management.
- Listening to co-workers about their issues.
- Acting as a liaison between the worksite, the union local and the BCGEU's area offices.
- Communicating about broader local issues and training opportunities within the union.
- Making sure all co-workers are in the loop by updating the union bulletin board.
- Referring members to committees on specific issues, such as the Joint Labour Management and Occupational Health and Safety Committees.
Feel free to visit the Union's website for more information (www.bcgeu.ca/stewards)
Nomination forms must be returned to the BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office via regular mail, fax, email, or in person by 5:00 pm on Thursday, February 18, 2016:
- BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office, Suite #130-2920 Virtual Way, Vancouver, BC V5M 0C4
- Fax: 604.215.1410, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you like this post?