Your bargaining committee is pleased to announce that a tentative agreement was reached on Thursday, October 3, 2019.
Highlights of the agreement are:
- Four-year deal
- 3% general wage increase, retroactive to December 1, 2018 (applicable to all employees on staff effective date of ratification)
- 3% general wage increase effective December 1, 2019
- 3% general wage increase effective December 1, 2020
- 3% general wage increase effective December 1, 2021
- $1 market adjustment to the step 3 rates for all shelter support worker, shelter supervisor and reception classifications effective date of ratification (all other steps will be adjusted accordingly)
- .25 cent increase to all current shift premiums effective date of ratification
- Reimbursement for taxi or mileage expenses to return to work when employees called back to work additional hours from home, effective date of ratification
- Reimbursement for approved expenses up to $500 related to parasitic infestation extermination of an employee's personal residence if investigated and authorized by the joint health and safety committee, effective date of ratification
- New language to ensure employees are canvassed annually on training opportunities that would benefit them at their worksite
- Stronger health and safety language
The bargaining committee brought forward the priorities you identified and our focus was to ensure pay equity with similar workers in the sector as well as strengthening health and safety language to address your concerns.
Members will be provided with a detailed comprehensive report at the ratification meetings that will outline all of the changes to the renewal collective agreement. Members will have the opportunity to review these details and ask any questions of the bargaining committee and vote on whether to accept the terms of the agreement.
The bargaining committee recommends that members vote yes to accept the terms of the agreement.
Ratification Meeting Details
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Drop in: 7:30am – 8:30am - BCGEU RV parked near the Shelter at 201 Central Street
10:00am – 11:00am at the Centre at 1607 East Hastings Street
3:30pm – 4:30pm – BCGEU RV parked near the Shelter at 201 Central Street
Reminder: BCGEU members are getting a new Member ID card this Fall; make sure your mailing address is up to date! Go to www.bcgeu.ca/card-questions for details.
Your Bargaining Committee:
Maria Segovia Quiroz, Bargaining Committee Member
Preston Stimson, Bargaining Committee Member
Amrita Sanford, Staff Representative - Negotiations
Download PDF of notice here
Do you like this post?