Your bargaining committee is pleased to report that a tentative renewal collective agreement has been reached on your behalf.
The highlights of the deal include:
- Three year deal, expires April 30, 2018;
- Wage increase of 1.5% per year;
- Vacation improvements to match employment standards (15 days at 5 years) effective April 1, 2016;
- Wage increment steps 2 and 4 deleted from the wage grid (maintain steps 1,3,5);
- New prescription drug coverage which maintains 100% coinsurance for drugs but includes a requirement to purchase generic drugs where they are available.
A package containing all of the proposed changes will be mailed and emailed to all members in the near future. If you have moved or changed your email address please ensure to update your contact information with the union. You can do this on the BCGEU website.
A ratification meeting will be scheduled over the next few weeks and a notice will be sent out as soon as the date has been finalized.
Please take the time to carefully review the changes when you receive the full package and bring any questions you may have to the ratification vote.
I would like to thank the bargaining committee for all of their hard work and determination in achieving a tentative agreement to bring back for you to vote on.
Salli Rye, Bargaining Committee Chairperson
Cheri Baekkelund, Bargaining Committee Member
Phil LeVesconte, Bargaining Committee Member
Deb Wilson, Staff Representative, Negotiations
cc: Sherry Ogasawara, Vice-President, Health Services
Mary Rowles, Director Mike Eso, Co-Ordinator, Victoria Area Office
Doreen Smith, Staff Representative
Do you like this post?