Your Bargaining Committee has reached a tentative agreement with your employer and it is time for you to vote on the changes.
Date: Tuesday, December 11th, 2018
Time: 10:00 am thru 4:00 pm
Place: White Rock Seniors' Village (Conference Room)
A complete copy of the renewal agreement will be available at the ratification vote. Members of the Bargaining Committee will also be available to answer any questions you may have.
- Five year agreement, effective June 1, 2017 to May 31st, 2022
- Wage parity with PPSV
- effective date of ratification, all grid 2 and 3 employees, for all classifications, will move to the current rates (as of November 29th, 2018) for Well Being Services Peace Portal Seniors Village
- any employee equal to or above the PPSV grid shall be red-circled until the new wage grid catches up to their current rate.
- General wage increases will be effective as follows:
- Effective March 1, 2019 0.5%
- Effective June 1, 2019 2%
- Effective June 1, 2020 2%
- Effective June 1, 2021 2%
- Effective date of ratification, all employees will pay $4.00 for breakfast/lunch/dinner if they wish to purchase a meal.
- Improvements to the harassment and complaint procedure language to ensure that bullying and psychological harassment are both included.
- New language to expand the role of the Labour Management Committee to review workload concerns
Your Bargaining Committee is recommending you vote YES to accept the new agreement. We hope to see you at the drop-in meeting on December 11th.
Your Bargaining Committee:
Jenny Joly, Bargaining Committee Chairperson
Janice Prasad, Bargaining Committee Member
Amrita Sanford, Staff Representative – Negotiations
Do you like this post?