Nominations are now open for the three following bargaining committee member positions for Whitecliff:
- One position – Bargaining Committee Chair
- Two positions – Bargaining Committee Member
All positions will be elected by a ballot of all staff at Whitecliff covered by the collective agreement.
Those members who are interested in the Bargaining Committee Chair position and in being a member of the Bargaining Committee should they not succeed in the election for the Chair should complete two nomination forms – one form for the Bargaining Committee Chair position and one form for a Bargaining Committee Member position.
Nomination forms for "Chair" and "Member" are attached. Each nominee for each position may submit one page of biographical information, endorsements, or other campaign information (8 ½ x 11 sheet, black and white) for distribution with the ballot. This must be received no later than one business day after close of nominations and will be sent out as submitted.
No previous experience in negotiations is required to be a member of the Bargaining Committee, but you must have a signed membership application card on file with the Union in order to run or vote in an election. As a bargaining committee member you will be expected to:
- attend caucus meetings and assist in the development of proposals for collective bargaining;
- assist in gathering and distributing information from and to members at the worksite;
- attend collective bargaining sessions with the employer;
- take notes related to the bargaining process and provide copies of same to the staff representative at the conclusion of bargaining;
- provide feedback and information to the staff representative during the bargaining process;
- participate in discussions related to the employer's proposals, and assist in developing counter proposals;
- assist with ratification or other votes or meetings that may be held related to bargaining;
Duties of the Chair:
As the Chairperson, you will normally be the main liaison between your members, the Bargaining Committee and the staff negotiator. You will be expected to participate fully as a committee member and to take a leadership role within the committee and bargaining unit during and following negotiations.
Leave of absence is provided to members to allow attendance at all meetings without loss of pay or benefits.
In the event there are more nominations received than positions available a vote will be held.
Nominations must be received by fax to (604) 294-5092 or by scanning/sending the pic to Katie.Smith@bcgeu.ca no later than Friday, August 9, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Staff Representative, Negotiations
Do you like this post?