Please see the attached ratification document showing the changes in the tentative collective agreement.
The features of the tentative agreement are as follows:
- Two year agreement ending March 31, 2024;
- 8% wage increase for regular staff effective July 1, 2023;
- 10% to 13% wage increases for casual staff;
- Reduction of Step 1 hours for casual workers from 1950 to 975; Step 2 hours reduced from greater than 1950 hours to greater than 975 hours;
- $250 appreciation amount;
- Increase in paramedicals from $500 to $750 effective August 1, 2023;
- Five days' paid sick leave for casual employees.
The bargaining committee recommends that you vote in favour of the new collective agreement.
The zoom links and details are below:
- Tuesday, September 5th from 7 pm to 8 pm
- Thursday, September 7th from 7 pm to 8 pm
Electronic voting on the new collective agreement will commence on Thursday, September 7th at 8:00 pm and will close on Thursday, September 14th at 12:00 pm.
You will be receiving a link to your electronic ballot via email shortly after 8:00 pm on Thursday, September 7th. Please check your junk mail also. If you have not received an electronic ballot email by Monday, September 11th, please advise Danijela Eres at [email protected].
The bargaining committee recommends that members vote in favour of the new collective agreement.
If you know of a co-worker who did not receive this bulletin, please forward to them. If you are a BCGEU member who did not receive the bulletin directly, please update your email address by logging into the member portal here. We need and want your email addresses please.
Meilean Chin, Bargaining Committee Member
Kirsten Nicholson, Bargaining Committee Member
Kay Sinclair, BCGEU Staff Representative
Download PDF of Ratification Document here
Do you like this post?