On November 8, 2023, you should have received from our Employer a memo about PTO (also known as Supplemental Leave under Article 20.21 of the 19th Main Public Service Agreement). I can confirm that the contents of that memo are accurate. I also want to emphasize a few important points for you:
- Supplemental Leave (PTO) applies to employees with 1827 auxiliary status, as well as full-time and part-time regulars.
- PTO may be requested in advance or last minute.
- You are entitled to up to two days per year of PTO and it can be used in half shift increments.
- You do not need to give a reason for requesting PTO.
- PTO hours come out of the 70-hour leave bank, under article 20.12.
If you are denied the use of PTO, please connect with your steward.
Attached is the Employer's memo, for your reference.
Kusam Doal, Vice-President of Component 5 (Retail Stores and Warehouse)
Do you like this post?