Nominations are now open for Member-At-Large (Young Worker) position for your Local Executive.
Your Local Executive is as follows:
- Chair: Chris Mikulasik (250-564-6408)
- 1st Vice Chair: Linda Black (250-564-6408)
- 2nd Vice Chair: Troy Knox (250-564-6408)
- Treasurer: Karoline Doyle (250-564-6408)
- Recording Secretary: Pat Westerlund (250-564-6408)
- Ken Riemer (250-562-1394)
- Weston McGee (250-561-9376)
- Darcy Ravlic (250-564-6408)
- Rob Keddie (250-614-1361)
- Shawn Clarke (250-563-5322)
- Member-At-Large Young Worker: VACANT
- Member-At-Large Equity Member: Danny Varma (250-561-7152)
The term is three years. Information on the responsibilities and activities for these positions is attached, and also available from your Area Office, if required.
If there is an election for this position, candidates may submit one page of information (8-1/2 x 11, black and white) for distribution to members with ballots. This must be received within one business day of the close of nominations.
The deadline for nominations is: Friday, February 19, 2016. If there are no nominations received by this date, nominations will remain open until such time as one is received.
If there is more than one nomination in this position, elections will be conducted shortly after the closing date.
Nomination forms are attached, please copy as required. All forms must be filled out completely, including signature of nominee and nominator. Completed forms must be dropped off, mailed, faxed or emailed using the information below:
Diane L Wood Union Centre
Prince George Area Office of the BCGEU
500 Quebec St., Prince George BC V2L 0C6
Phone: 250-563-1116; Toll Free: 1-800-667-6772
Facsimile: 250-562-9012; Toll Free 1-800-946-0257
Email as an attachment to email@example.com
- Is assigned to tasks, committees and projects as required by Chair
- May represent specific groups of members within a Local and can bring their perspective to the local executive meetings.
- Liaises with other young workers in the Local and brings their concerns / issues to the Local;
- Assists the Local executive in identifying and mentoring young workers who could be recruited as stewards, OSH committee members or participate in campaigns;
- Identifies and promotes activities and education useful for young workers.
Do you like this post?