Nominations are now open for one (1) position for a steward at your worksite and, will close Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
Stewards are the primary representatives of members and have an important role within the Union. All stewards are provided 3 days paid training at the Union office, and receive support from their staff representative to fulfill their duties.
Some of the roles of a steward are:
• Helping co-workers interpret and understand their collective agreement.
• Supporting co-workers in meetings with management and listening to co-workers about their issues.
• Acting as a liaison between the worksite, the union local and the BCGEU's area offices.
• Communicating about broader local issues and training opportunities within the union.
• Making sure all co-workers are in the loop by updating the union bulletin board.
• Referring members to committees on specific issues, such as the Joint Labour Management and Occupational Health and Safety Committees.
Feel free to visit the Union's website for more information ( www.bcgeu.ca/stewards )
Forms must be returned to the BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office via regular mail, fax, email, or in person by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office
Suite #130-2920 Virtual Way
Vancouver, BC V5M 0C4
Fax: 604.215.1410, email: email@example.com
Download FYI 103 New West Courthouse new stewards 2018.pdf
Download PDF of nomination form here
Do you like this post?