The 802 Local Executive is opening up a call for nominations in order to fill all of their vacant Member-at-Large positions. This includes two (2) regular Member-at-Large positions and one (1) Member-at-Large (Young Worker Representative) position. These positions remained vacant following the last call for nominations and the election of the Locals' Table Officers.
• assigned to tasks, committees and projects as required by chair
• may represent specific groups of members within a local and can bring their perspective to the local executive meetings
Member-at-Large (Young Worker Representative)
• liaises with other young workers in the local and brings their concerns/issues to the local
• assists the local executive in identifying and mentoring young workers who could be recruited as stewards, OHS committee members, or participants in campaigns
• identifies and promotes activities and education useful for young workers
Attached to this notice you will find 2 separate nominations forms, one is for use for the 2 vacant Member-at-Large positions and one is for use for the 1 Member-at-Large (young worker representative) position. Young workers are defined as being 29 years of age or younger. The term is three years.
The deadline for nominations is: Monday, April 30th, 2018 at 4:30pm.
If there is an election for a position, candidates may submit one page of information (8-1/2 x 11, black and white) for distribution to members with ballots. This must be received at the area office within one business day of the close of nominations.
Candidates should contact the area office for additional information on their rights and responsibilities.
Charmaine Fines, Local 802 Chairperson
Doreen Smith, Staff Representative
Do you like this post?