Your bargaining committee met with the employer on Monday and Tuesday this week, and we reached a tentative agreement on your first collective agreement late Tuesday night.
Highlights of the collective agreement:
• Four-year agreement, expiring March 31, 2022
• Language on occupational health and safety and harassment procedures
• Standard language on union rights and recognition, grievance procedure, and seniority
• Process to allow part-time employees to pick up casual shifts
• New language for casual employees, including call-in procedures and 6% pay in lieu of vacation
• A new lead hand premium of $1.00 to designated positions
• Signing bonus of $750 for full-time employees, $500 for part-time employees, and $350 for casual employees who are employed at date of ratification
• General wage increase of 2% at date of ratification
• Effective January 1, 2020, classification adjustments in the amount of 18% to 33% in wage increases
• Effective April 1, 2021, a general wage increase of 1% to all classifications
The committee worked very hard to achieve a first collective agreement with the employer. The next step in the process is for you to vote on whether to accept the terms of your first collective agreement.
Your bargaining committee is recommending that you vote yes to accept the terms of the tentative agreement.
A full draft of the collective agreement will be available for you to review with the committee at ratification meetings before you cast your vote. Details of the ratification meetings and vote will follow soon.
Thank you again for your all of your patience and continued support throughout this challenging process.
Your Bargaining Committee:
Selena Kongpreecha, Staff Representative – Negotiations
Download PDF of notice here
Do you like this post?