Your collective agreement expires on January 31, 2018 and the Union is beginning preparations to conduct negotiations for a renewal agreement on your behalf. Therefore, a new bargaining committee must be elected to represent all BCGEU members of CVCDCS.
Once elected the Bargaining Committee will select a Chairperson of the Committee.
Nominations are now open for three positions to the Bargaining Committee and one alternate.
Bargaining Committee Members:
- Attend caucus meetings and assist in the development of proposals for collective bargaining
- Assist in gathering and distributing information from and to members at the worksite
- Attend collective bargaining sessions with the Employer
- Take notes related to the bargaining process and provide copies of same to the Staff Representative at the conclusion of bargaining
- Provide feedback and information to the Staff Representative during the bargaining process
- Participate in discussions related to the Employer's proposals, and assist in developing counter proposals
- Assist with ratification or other votes or meetings that may be held related to bargaining
Leave of absence is provided to members to allow attendance at all meetings without loss of pay or benefits.
In the event there are more nominations received than positions available a vote will be held.
Please complete the attached nomination form and return it via fax to Mike Scott at 1‑800‑946‑0247 or emailed to the Nanaimo Area Office at Doris.Stowe@bcgeu.ca.
The deadline for receipt of nominations is noon Monday, February 19, 2018.
Download PDF of notice here
Download PDF of nomination form here
Do you like this post?