"2 Day Joint OHS Committee Training" will be held on Tuesday, May 16 and Wednesday, May 17, 2017. "Incident Investigations" will be held on Thursday, May 18, 2017. These courses will be held at the Ramada Prince George, 444 George Street, Prince George from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm.
In the Joint OHS Committee Training course you will learn:
- Worker OHS rights, including the refusal of unsafe work procedure
- OHS legislation
- Roles and responsibilities of employers, workers, supervisors and committees
- Hazard identification and control measures
- How to conduct effective workplace inspections and incident investigations
- Resources available to the committee
In the Incident Investigations you will learn:
- The legislative requirements for conducting accident/incident investigations
- How to get to the contributing factors by conducting effective witness interviews and examining physical evidence
- How to assess the evidence in order to recommend effective corrective measures
These courses are limited to 22 seats so register early at https://gww.gov.bc.ca/ to avoid disappointment.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to improve your ability to advocate for workers' health and safety rights - register today.
Note: If you have not taken your annual education leave, as mandated by the Workers' Compensation Act and your Collective Agreement - apply for this employer paid leave through your employer.
Do you like this post?