An update from the BC Pension Corporation:
The fall schedule for the Public Service Pension Plan free member seminars is now posted on the pspp.pensionsbc.ca website with seminars offered across BC.
Your Pension, Your Future
It is important for new and mid-career employees to know how decisions made today can affect your retirement pension in the years to come. In this seminar, Your Pension, Your Future, we discuss the details of your pension, including:
- Your pension’s value and its many benefits
- How to maximize your pension through purchase of service and transfer of service if those opportunities apply to you
- The way life events, such as marital separation or raising children, can affect your pension
- Tools to assist you when making important decisions about your pension
Thinking About Retiring
If you are within five years of retirement, this seminar will help you plan and prepare for your retirement, we cover the key pension considerations, including:
- How your pension works
- How to choose your best pension option
- The group health and dental benefits available for retirees
- How to navigate the retirement process
- Tools to assist them when making important decisions about your pension
Registering for a seminar
Registration is easy. You can register for Your Pension, Your Future or Thinking About Retiring through My Account on the plan website.
- Seminars run until mid-December 2016. You should check the website for schedule updates.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Attendees, including those receiving long-term disability benefits, are welcome to bring their spouse or a guest.
- Attendees are responsible for their own travel and associated costs.
- Email: PSPPseminars@pensionsbc.ca
- Phone: Phone 250 356-2199 (Victoria) or 1 877 558-5572 (toll-free in BC)
Client Education Program | Pension Corporation
Do you like this post?