This is to provide all members notice that in preparation for upcoming negotiations with your employer and the renewing of your collective agreement, nominations are now open for three (3) bargaining committee members.
If you would like to serve on the committee or you know a member that you think would be a good person to represent you and your co-workers, please fill out the nomination form provided. Once you have filled out the form, please follow the instructions on the form to send it in.
The nominations are open for thirty days and will close at 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, July 22, 2020.
That means that we must receive the completed form before the end of the nomination period.
Also attached is bargaining survey, please complete and follow the instructions on the form. These are very important as these forms are used by the bargaining committee to establish priorities during bargaining.
This is a very important step in providing you with the voice to improve the working conditions at the Cascades and we encourage everyone to participate.
Nominees may submit one page of biographical information, endorsements or other campaign information (8 ½" x 11", black and white, single-sided) that will be distributed to members with ballots and posted on the BCGEU website if voting is required. The deadline for submitting candidate information is Wednesday, July 22 at 5:00 p.m. Candidate information sheets will be sent out as submitted (except that sheets submitted in colour will be distributed in black and white).
Completed nomination forms and candidate information sheets may be returned to Kevin Hagglund by fax to 604-294-5092, by email to [email protected] or by hand or mail to:
BCGEU Negotiations Department
Attn. Kevin Hagglund
4911 Canada Way
Burnaby BC V5G 3W3
Duties of the Bargaining Committee Members
All committee members are expected to:
- Attend caucus meetings and assist the Staff Representative in the development of proposals for collective bargaining
- Liaise between members at the worksite and the Union regarding priorities
- Assist in gathering and distributing information from and to members at the worksite
- Attend collective bargaining sessions with the Employer
- Take notes related to the bargaining process and provide copies of same to the Staff Representative at the conclusion of bargaining
- Provide feedback and information to the Staff Representative during the bargaining process
- Participate in discussions related to the Employer's proposals, and assist in developing counter proposals
- Assist with ratification or other votes or meetings that may be held related to bargaining
- Leaves of absence are provided to members to allow attendance at all meetings without loss of pay or benefits.
Updating Member Contact Information
To help ensure all members receive a bargaining survey (after the committee is in place) and bargaining updates, members are asked to ensure the BCGEU has a current personal email address on file. To help ensure you receive a copy of future emails, please update your contact information at https://my.bcgeu.ca/signup.
Members are reminded that: The deadline to submit nominations is Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Staff Representative, Negotiations
Do you like this post?