Nominations are now open for 12 steward vacancies at Xyolhemeylh.
Note: These are in addition to current active stewards.
The roles and responsibilities of the steward are as follows:
- Investigation of complaints of an urgent nature;
- Investigation of grievances and assisting any employee whom the steward represents in presenting a grievance in accordance with the grievance procedure;
- Supervision of ballot boxes and other related functions during ratification votes;
- Carrying out duties within the realm of safety responsibilities, these being recognized as complaints of an urgent nature which require immediate attention; and
- Attending meetings called by the employer.
The union will train new stewards.
The deadline for nominations is December 4, 2019 by 5:00 pm
The nomination form (attached) must be used. The deadline for submission is to the area office by fax (604.882.5032), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), hand delivered to the Fraser Valley area office at 8555 198A Street, Langley, V2Y 0A9, no later than December 4, 2019 by 5:00 pm.
If more than 12 people are nominated for the steward positions, an election will occur. Candidates may submit one page of information (8.5 x 11, black and white) for distribution to members with ballots. This must be received at the area office within one business day of the close of nominations.
Tamara Peterson Heather Turner
L304 Chair Staff Representative
Download PDF of notice here.
Download PDF of nomination form here.
Do you like this post?