The nomination period has been extended for Bargaining Committee Member (3 positions).
Completed nomination forms must be received by Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 5pm.
If there are more nominations than positions, these positions will be elected through online voting so make sure your Union has your current email address by logging into your Member Portal here.
Each nominee may submit one page of biographical information, endorsements, or other campaign information (8 ½ x 11 sheet, black and white). In the event that we receive multiple nominations, this page will be distributed via email with the ballot to all members eligible to cast a ballot. This one page must be received within 24 hours of the close of nominations and will be sent out as submitted.
No previous experience in negotiations is required to be a member of the bargaining committee. All committee members are expected to:
- Attend caucus meetings and assist the Staff Representative in the development of proposals for collective bargaining
- Liaise between members at the worksite and the Union regarding priorities
- Assist in gathering and distributing information from and to members at the worksite
- Attend collective bargaining sessions with the Employer
- Take notes related to the bargaining process and provide copies of notes to the Staff Representative at the conclusion of bargaining
- Provide feedback and information to the Staff Representative during the bargaining process
- Participate in discussions related to the Employer's proposals, and assist in developing counter proposals
- Assist with ratification or other votes or meetings that may be held related to bargaining
Leave of absence is provided to members to allow attendance at all meetings without loss of pay or benefits.
You can forward this notice to other BCGEU members at Sun Village who did not receive it and encourage them to update their email address. If you were forwarded this notice, log in to your Member Portal at members.bcgeu.ca to make sure your email address is correct.
Nominations must be received by scanning/sending the pic to Negotiations@bcgeu.ca no later than Tuesday, December 1 at 5pm.
Sheila Matthen, Staff Representative
Do you like this post?