The 18th Main Public Service and component agreements came into effect on April 1, 2019 and expire on March 31, 2022. BCGEU members who work in the B.C. public service, like yourself, ratified them last year following five weeks of negotiations.
The bargaining committee was proud of the many improvements they were able to achieve for members, including:
- a two per cent general wage increase in each year of the agreement;
- improved benefits, including the addition of dual coverage;
- targeted measures to address labour market pressures in specific occupational groups;
- expanded and strengthened bullying and harassment language; and,
- special leave for members experiencing domestic violence.
The complete and finalized agreements are now available online to all members through the member portal. If you have not yet signed up on the portal, you can do that here.
Hard copy agreements are also available through your area office. You can find the contact information for the BCGEU's area offices around the province here.
Please note, stewards, local officers and article 29 committee members, will receive hard copies of the agreements by mail in the coming days.
Do you like this post?