The Union and Employer reached a tentative agreement on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 with the assistance of a mediator.
Your bargaining committee recommends that you vote yes to accept the terms of your renewal agreement.
Highlights of the tentative agreement are:
- Three year term – December 1, 2015 to November 30, 2018
- 100% Employer-paid basic medical insurance for non-status employees
- Introduction of shift premiums - $0.25 for afternoon shift and $0.35 for graveyard shift
- 1% general wage increase retroactive to December 1, 2015
- 2% general wage increase effective December 1, 2016
- 2% general wage increase effective December 1, 2017
Details of the renewal agreement will be provided to you for review before you vote.
Ratification votes are scheduled as follows:
Date: Monday, October 3, 2016
Location: Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre (Theatre Room)
1607 East Hastings Street, Vancouver
Time: 2 PM to 4 PM
--- and ---
Date: Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Location: Tim Horton's on Terminal Avenue at Station Street
Time: 8 AM to 10 AM
3 PM to 4 PM
SEE OTHER SIDE
These are drop in times. You only need to come once to get more information, ask questions and vote.
Your bargaining committee encourages you to come to one of the locations and during the times listed above to get more information, ask questions and vote.
Thank you for your continues support and patience during this process.
Ray Seto, Bargaining Committee Member – Aboriginal Shelter
Selena Kongpreecha, Staff Representative – Negotiations
Do you like this post?