Members will know that your Bargaining Committee has been engaged in collective bargaining with your Employer for the renewal of a collective agreement between the Parties. The current collective agreement expired on April 30, 2018.
Your Committee is pleased to advise that a tentative agreement was reached on May 31st. The following are the key points, which would form a renewed collective agreement to be ratified by the Union's membership:
- Term of Agreement: 3 years.
- General Wage Increases for all job classifications: May 1, 2018 -1.5%; May 1, 2019 – 1.5%; May 1, 2020 – 1.5%.
- Registered Care Aides (RCAs) and Home Support Workers (HSWs): Additional Market Adjustment on May 1, 2019 of 2%.
- May 1, 2020: HSWs move to RCA rate of pay.
- January 1, 2019: additional 2 days Vacation Entitlement at 6 years service.
- May 1, 2020: Increase of annual maximum for Dental coverage $2000.00 (from current $1000.00).
- Memorandum of Agreement committing the Parties to explore the viability of entering into the BC Target Benefit Pension Plan.
- Requirement to produce medical certificate increased to 3 days (from 2 days).
- Update and Improvement of Maternity/Parental Leave in compliance with statute.
- Update and clarification of Job Posting Criteria to include "ability".
- Update and clarification of Shop Stewards' and Management Rights provisions.
- Various housekeeping changes.
Your Bargaining Committee fully endorses this tentative collective agreement and encourages members to vote in favour of ratification.
A Ratification Meeting to fully describe the above changes and Vote, will be held as follows:
Time: 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm
Date: Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Place: Well Being (CVSV) worksite (Specific Room TBD)
BCGEU Bargaining Committee
Dan Rowe, Staff Representative
Download PDF of notice here
Do you like this post?